Alicia Keys

by Tyra from Texas

Alicia Keys
Alicia Keys

Alicia Keys was born on January 25, 1980. As a young girl during her childhood she had a rough time, due to the separation of her parent’s. At this time she lived in Manhattan.

first album
first album

At the age of seven, she started playing the piano and realized she had a talent. She started writing songs and ended up singing to them with a strong voice by the age of 16. After being recognized as a great pianist and a gifted singer she signed a contract with Germaine Dupri and later to So So Def record label.

concert
concert

After listening to a variety of artist, she found a few that would inspired her. These people include: Diana Ross, Gladys Knight, Mary J. Blidge, Michael Jackson, Prince, and many more.

If Alicia Keys wasn’t pursuing her singing profession she would probably pursue the career of either an actress, producer, or author therefore still having the ability to express herself through her work.

red carpet
red carpet

Alicia went to pursue singing because after being accepted in Columbia University although she was highly thrilled she had a deeper passion for music. Knowing that, she went on to pursue her singing career and other careers included in being a celebrity.

Alicia keys is my hero because she had a passion and a goal and she went for it and her life is a great success that would be exactly as I would want my life to be. I look up to alicia because she has a career and she loves pursuing it.I would want to be just like the amazing Alicia Keys.