Alex Knight

by Colin from Georgia

My hero is my dad, Alex Knight. He is thirty-nine years old. He spent his child hood living in Richmond, Virginia with his three brothers and sisters. He moved to Savannah when he was offered a job teaching at SCDS. He still lives in the same house in Ardsley Park.

My dad has many things that make him a hero to me. He always is lending a helping hand to anybody or anything in need, like when I can’t find some thing he always suggests places to look and it's there. He always cheers me on to do something new or challenging because when I skateboard I always need a new challenge. My favorite thing is that he never gives up and he always keeps trying, like when I break my hockey helmet he does anything to fix it.

My dad has many similarities and differences from ancient Greek heroes. The similarities are that he is strong, tall and courageous. The differences are that he is smart, honest and he thinks beyond the ordinary. I look up to my dad every day. My dad is my hero of all time.