Andrey Kryachkov

by Alina from Novosibirsk

Andrey Kryachkov (from the Internet)
Andrey Kryachkov (from the Internet)

Kryachkov was a well-known professor. He was a talented architect and an honest worker.

The building designed by Kryachkov (from the Internet)

Kryachkov constructed about hundred large buildings in different cities but most of them were in Novosibirsk. He built 12 elementary schools, the City trading complex, a building of Commercial Assembly, the building of the House of invalids of the First World War. Later the House of Officers was reconstructed under his management. The magnificent building of the State Bank in the centre of Novosibirsk was also built by Kryachkov.

The building which was built by Kryachkov (From the Internet)

Kryachkov was born in the village of Vaharevo of the Rostov region in 1876. When he was 6 years old his father died and he lived with his grandfather. He finished school in the village called Ilinsk -on -Belan. In August in 1890 he started studying in Realistic University in Vyborg. In 1897 he studied in Saint-Petersburg University to get the engineer degree. He finished this university and he became a civil engineer in 1902. He started his career in Tomsk gubernia in Siberia. In 1903 he began working as a teacher at the University. In 1905 he became the head of the building committee.

Kryachkov (From the Internet)
Kryachkov (From the Internet)

The design of Kryachkov's buildings was beautiful. He understood the peculiarity of Siberia. Andrey Dmitrievich died at the age of 74 in 1950 in Sochi. There he was buried.

People of Novosibirsk think with gratitude and a big feeling of respect about that talented person.

I think Kryachkov was very important for Novosibirsk. He built a lot buildings and he made our city attractive. In future I would like to do something useful for my city too.

The face of Tomsk - Biography of Kryachkov