Ang Lee

by Pin-Jyun from Taipei

Everyone has their own hero, someone admires pop-son singer; someone takes historical person as an idol. As for me, my hero is a famous director, Ang Lee, who won Oscar prize for best directing in 2013. I thought of him as my hero because I love watching movies. Moreover, I admire his talent on directing movies. He tried hard to make his dream come true, and he never gives up finishing his goal. Completely as he had failed, he still keep going.

When Ang Lee graduated from university, he couldn't find any jobs and there was no company willing to offer him money to direct movies. He had 10 years with no income. Fortunately, it was his wife that raised their family and never blamed him. Ang Lee kept insisting in making his movie and finally was found by a film factory. Finally, he got attention on his first movie in 1990, and he became a famous director since then. Ang Lee inspired me that no one wins at first round. Well goes a saying, "Success lies in perseverance." Ang Lee taught me that if I failed in the beginning, I shouldn't be discouraged. Instead, I should try again and I will be successful one day. I learn a lot from Ang Lee. His life tells a story of a personal and professional excellence.