Alina Lepej

by Rebeka from Maribor, Slovenia

Hi! My name is Rebeka and I want to tell you something about my hero.

Alina  (Rebeka Fakin 2008)
Alina (Rebeka Fakin 2008)

At first I didn`t know who to choose and represent as my hero, because I am still in my teenage years, but now I know. Actually I have more than one hero, because I want to do so many things in my life. And a hero to me is a person who I admire and respect.

But if I have to choose, then I certainly choose a small girl who suffered a lot. Her name is Alina and she is only 21 months old. She was a prematurely born child, that`s why she has problems with her breathing. Because she was delivered too early, her lungs didn`t develope like they should. She was in hospital for a long time, but when you look her in the eyes you can see that she is struggling for her life and she is very successful. She still has problems breathing and eating, because she has to be fed over the infusion, but she is a beautiful young girl who never gives up.

Alina in her bed (Rebeka Fakin 2008)
Alina in her bed (Rebeka Fakin 2008)

That`s why she is my hero, she is so determined to survive, although she needs all those machines. And I really respect that because there are a lot of people in this world who give up immediately when something doesn’t go right.

Rebeka Fakin 3.a