Abraham Lincoln

by Michael

Abraham Lincoln did great things for the United States. I believe Abraham Lincoln is a hero because of his strong character, his leadership, and he believed in equality.

Abraham Lincoln showed his strength of character being honest, reliable, self -directed, and compassionate. One example of Abraham being reliable is when he worked off his debt when his neighbor's book got ruined. An example for him compassionate was when he allowed members of the Confederate Army to keep everything except their slaves. Abraham was self -directed because he had a humble start. Abraham was a great leader. Abraham came into power during difficult times. His goal was to keep the Union together and put an end to slavery. He was successful at both. And politicians today use Abraham's leadership as an example.

Abraham was a great leader. Abraham came into power during difficult times. His goal was to keep the Union together and put an end to slavery. Abraham succeeded at both. Politicians today use Abraham's leadership as an example.

Abraham believed in equality. Abraham was a big supporter of the 13th Amendment. He also issued the Emancipation Proclamation to free the slaves and allow black soldiers to fight for the Union. Lincoln also wanted slaves to have the same rights as everybody else.

Abraham Lincoln is a true American hero. I admire him for his morals, his leadership, and mostly for his support of the Declaration of Independence and for his belief in life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness for all Americans. Abraham Lincoln did great things during throughout his life.