Abraham Lincoln

by Jordan from Wallingford

Abraham Lincoln lived from February 12, 1809 to April 15, 1865. Lincoln was born in February 12, 1809 in a log cabin in Hardin country Kentucky. Lincoln tried to help the blacks as Lincoln was against slavery, and how blacks should be treated the same as whites. This was important because blacks were just as good as whites and didn’t deserve to be treated that way and obviously Lincoln felt that way too. These actions were important because if he didn’t get people to think that slavery should not be allowed and if he didn’t do that, then America might still be in slavery.

Abraham Lincoln as president allowed the Civil War to happen only to protect the Union. This meets my definition because he helped save the United States in being one nation instead of being more than one. And he also did that because there was a bigger problem than the war, that being slavery. He did this hoping that the north would win instead of the south. If the north would win then there would be no slavery in any of the United States of America. This was important because if this didn’t happen then there still might be slavery in the South. “You know I dislike slavery; and you fully admit the abstract wrong of it.” --August 24, 1855

Abraham Lincoln as president attacked the South in order to free the South. This meets my definition because he did this to help the world of blacks by trying to have the South lose the war and allow the slaves to be free. Lincoln let the war happen so that it could allow the North to have a chance to win and allow the slaves if won be free. This affected people's lives because they were trying to have the blacks free(in the North) and for the south they were preparing for the war and hoping that they would win and have slavery continue in the South.” In giving freedom to the slave, we assure freedom to the free - honorable alike in what we give, and what we preserve. We shall nobly save, or meanly lose, the last best hope of earth. Other means may succeed; this could not fail. The way is plain, peaceful, generous, just - a way which, if followed, the world will forever applaud, and God must forever bless.” Quote on Lincoln and his thoughts on slavery.

Abraham is a hero because he is the one who freed the slaves. Also he allowed the war to occur so that the slaves could have a chance of being free and being no more a slave.

Lincoln would be able to help us with our education problem because he was always a fan of children going to school. As a child he wanted to learn how to read and write and he did anything to try to learn so that he could be educated. Because of all these reasons, I believe that Abraham Lincoln was a hero in the 19th century.

What is a hero to you? A hero to me is a someone that stands out to you or has allowed or done something that has helped the world in some way. My hero’s name is Abraham Lincoln. He is a hero because he wanted slavery to end in the south. In this essay I will be proving that Abraham Lincoln was a hero because he tried to end slavery.