Abraham Lincoln

by James from Quakertown

Abraham Lincoln is my hero because he fought in the Civil War and freed the slaves. He was born on February 12, 1809 in Hardin County, Kentucky and became the sixteenth president of the United States of America. Abraham Lincoln was assassinated on his 4th Year as president in a theater. He got shot in the back of the head and did not die right away. Abraham Lincoln lived for 6 hours, then died.

I think that Abraham was very important. Without him America would still have slaves and I think that is wrong. He was very kind and taller than most people. Abe was poor as a child born in a log cabin. He was taken to a farm when he was two years old. His youngest memory was of a flash flood.

He lived in Illinois. Lincoln was fond of pets and owned horses, cats, dogs and turkeys. He also ran a store in New Salem.

Abraham Lincoln’s vice presidents were Hannibal Hamlin and Andrew Johnson. He was the first president to have a beard.

Abraham Lincoln is my hero because he led the fight against the Southern Confederate States to free the slaves. He is also my hero because he did stuff no president would do, like he was a talented wrestler and good with an axe. That is why Abraham Lincoln is my hero.