Abraham Lincoln

by Itzel from Aurora

Abraham Linclon
Abraham Linclon

Abraham Lincoln, a very famous president, was born in 1809 and died 1865. He is a hero to me and to many other people as well. He has done a lot to inspire me.

Although Abraham Lincoln had tough moments he still became a great man. When was seven his family moved to Indiana. One of the hardest moments was watching his mother die from a milk sickness. After his mom died his dad married Sarah Bush Johnston Lincoln, which he loved. Even what he had been through he had no idea that he was going to be famous.

Abraham first became interested in freeing the slaves when he formed a partnership with William Herndon. He did a lot of speeches against slavery. At the same time he thought southern states should keep their system. That was really brave of him. I think that only people who really cared about the country would do that.

According to the book "A Hero's Trail" by T.A. Barron, Abraham Lincoln is a hero for all time. He is a hero for all time because he shows all the qualities listed in the book. His two strongest qualities are humor and moral direction. He had moral direction because he always knew what was right for him and the country. Humor was his strongest quality because he was always making jokes and was always laughing.

Abraham Lincoln's memorial
Abraham Lincoln's memorial

Now everyone remembers him whether it's memorials, statues, and presidents day. He really was a hero. As we remember him now, I hope we remember him in the future.