Abraham Lincoln

by Carter from San Diego

(tennessee.gov ())
(tennessee.gov ())

One of the best presidents ever known, Abraham Lincoln grew a selfless life with the determination to abolish slavery and end a four year war against his own country. Abraham Lincoln had a depressing childhood. Lincoln's mother passed and his dad was so busy working on the farm he had to look up to his older sister. Lincoln grew up to be one of the best presidents ever known. Lincoln was president of the united states. All of his family was very important to him except for his father who he grew distant from. Lincoln growing up relied on his sister to educate him because his mother had passed and his father always had to work on their farm. Lincoln is known for winning the civil war a 4 year battle. He is also known for ending slavery. "Lincoln's adult life was shaped by the problems and fortunes of civil war" ("Abraham Lincoln." Encyclopedia ). This shows that most of the tasks Lincoln had during his presidency somehow related to the civil war. A hero must posses selflessness and determination both of which Abraham Lincoln obtained. "He had never learned to hate, He was interested only in a restored Union." ("Abraham Lincoln." Encyclopedia). This shows how Lincoln was selfless, he never took things personally he just wanted what was best for his country. Abraham Lincoln obtains selflessness and determination therefore he is a hero. Abraham Lincoln served as the 16th president of the United States and he achieved great accomplishments.

(busaff.com ())
(busaff.com ())

Lincoln had a huge heart to free slaves and what is best for other people. Lincoln never worried about himself but he worried about other people and their lives. Lincoln had a childhood that led him to the great things he had achieved. Lincoln was at a slave auction and because his parents hated slavery, Lincoln was horrified about what he saw. "Lincoln as a child saw slaves in chains being sold at auction. The scene haunted him for many years and helped convince him that slavery was wrong." (:"Abraham Lincoln" American). Lincoln saw these slaves being sold and was haunted for the rest of his life. Lincoln decided to shape his life will be shaped around the idea of freeing slaves. This also shows Abraham Lincolns selfless heart. Lincoln wanted what's better for other people that is why he put a big part of his life to free slaves Abraham Lincoln was the war commander during the Civil War. He had to make many hard decisions none of which he took personally. "He had never learned to hate. He was interested only in a restored Union"("Abraham Lincoln." Encyclopedia). This shows Lincoln's selfless act, he didn't care about how much he hates the other side, he didn't take it personally he didn't want to win the war because of the pain its put him in. He wanted to win because he believed that the Union needed to be preserved. Lincoln believed that he should win the war because he wanted to save the lives of Americans not because of the stress it had put him in. Abraham Lincoln lived a selfless life because he only wanted what is best for everyone in his country. Lincoln devoted his entire life doing what is best for people which is why Abraham Lincoln deserves the title hero.

Lincoln had to live a life of hard working hours to achieve his goals of freeing slaves and winning the Civil War. Lincoln achieved many great things in his life and to achieve all of this he had to be very determined. Lincoln had his mom die and his father had to run the farm. Lincoln looked after his older sister growing up. Lincoln had to do hard labor and work to make money. "He also did everything in his power to keep the "border" states-which allowed slavery but remained loyal to the Union".("Abraham Lincoln." American Civil War Reference Library.) This shows Lincoln was very determined because he tried to do everything in his power to keep the slave states on his side so there would be no added deaths in the war. Lincoln was very determined as shown here because he did everything in his power to keep these border states on his side. Lincoln didn't have parents to look after him so he had to do manual labor on his own to make money. This shows Lincolns determination to achieve what he believed. "22-year-old Abraham Lincoln struck out on his own, making a living in manual labor"("Abraham Lincoln." Encyclopedia). This shows Lincoln had worked hard physical labor so he could achieve all the things he had been trying to achieve. Lincoln also didn't have family to support him so this shows how he had to do hard work on his own to achieve the freedom of slaves and the winning of the civil war.Lincoln had to work hard through determination to achieve his great feats. Abraham Lincoln deserves the title hero because he owns determination.

The 16th president of the United States and known as the best president to be in office Abraham Lincoln obtained selflessness and determination to achieve the abolishment of slavery and a four year battle against his own country. With a horrible childhood and having three of his four kids die Abraham Lincoln is worthy of the title hero because he possesses selflessness and determination. Abraham Lincoln inspires me and other people because of his great feats. "Abraham Lincoln is regarded as one of America's greatest heroes due to both his incredible impact on the nation and his unique appeal"("Abraham Lincoln." Encyclopedia). This quote shows how he is an inspiration for all of the world to remember because he made a huge impact on the way the nation is run by future presidents. Abraham Lincoln saved thousands of lives from his commands in war and thousands more from freeing slaves. Lincoln is a true hero for saving thousands of lives. That is why Lincoln is a hero and an inspiration to others.

Works cited

"Abraham Lincoln." Encyclopedia of World Biography. Detroit: Gale, 1998. Biography in Context.

Web. 30 Jan. 2015.

"Abraham Lincoln Family." A Lincoln Library, 2014. Web. 30 Jan. 2015.

<http%3A%2F%2Fwww.alincoln-library.com%2Fabraham-lincoln-family.shtml>.

"Lincoln, Abraham." UXL Encyclopedia of U.S. History. Sonia Benson, Daniel

Brannen, Jr., and Rebecca Valentine. Vol. 5. Detroit: UXL, 2009. 906-912. Gale Virtual

Reference Library. Web. 31 Jan. 2015.

Abraham Lincoln." American Civil War Reference Library. Kevin Hillstrom and Laurie Collier

Hillstrom. Ed. Lawrence W. Baker. Vol. 2: Biographies. Detroit: UXL, 2000. 265-278.

Gale

Virtual Reference Library. Web. 31 Jan. 2015.

"Abraham Lincoln." American Civil War Reference Library. Kevin Hillstrom and Laurie Collier

Gale

"Abraham Lincoln." Encyclopedia of World Biography. Detroit: Gale, 1998. Biography in

Context.

Web. 31 Jan. 2015.

"Abraham Lincoln Biography." Bio.com. A&E Networks Television, 2013. Web. 04 Feb. 2015.