Abraham Lincoln

by Annica from Williamsville

My hero is Abraham Lincoln. Abraham Lincoln helped African Americans be free from slavery. Abraham Lincoln is my hero because he helped free people. Before Abraham Lincoln became president many people thought that slavery was right. When Abraham became president this changed.

Abraham had a hard background as an adult and when he was younger. First, when Abraham was only 10 his mother died from "milk sick". From her death Abraham's sister Sarah had to take over. Second, while Abraham Lincoln grew up he lived in a log cabin. Also, when Abraham was 21 he left home. Later, when Abraham grew up he had a son named Willie. Willie died when he was only 11 from typhoid. As you can see, Abraham Lincoln had a hard background with death and work but he made it through.

Abraham Lincoln had many accomplishments in his lifetime. First, was with bravery. Abraham Lincoln was brave, I know this because of how he stood up and took charge for slavery and how it was wrong. With his bravery he helped slavery not be allowed in the United States of America. Also, he was very into political things. I know this because he was in congress for a whole year. A few years later, Lincoln became president. As you can see, Abraham Lincoln used his bravery and love for politics to help him accomplish many things.

Abraham Lincoln had some hard challenges to accomplish these things. First, one of them was with other people not agreeing with him. Many people, especially in the South thought slavery was right. And if they took their slaves away they couldn't survive. Also, there was a war in between all of this. This caused many distractions from the slavery opinion. Last, when Abraham made a high point in politics more people listened to him. This made it a little easier. As you can see, there were a few challenges in Abraham's way, but he overcame them.

Abraham Lincoln had a few honors in his lifetime. First, the main honors he had was becoming president. Even though being the president is an honor, it is also very hard to do or get to. Also, he had the honor of before becoming president to be in Congress for one year. This is also a very hard task to do. Last, he helped stop slavery, this was a big one. Without him slavery may still be happening. As you can see, Abraham Lincoln had some honors in his lifetime.

Abraham Lincoln had many qualities. First, Abraham was devoted. He was devoted by how he kept telling people how slavery was wrong even though some people still thought it was right. Second, Abraham was also focused. He was always finishing a task before he got into another. Which didn't make him working on more than one thing at once. Lastly, he was honest. Abraham was honest and you can tell by one of his nicknames. His nickname is Honest Abe. In the book I read it said that a lady knew him and said that he was always honest about anything.

I or another person might learn form Abraham's life of how you should do your best to stop something you think is wrong. This is like what Abraham did with slavery. You also might learn that if you want to be something when you grow up you should do your best to do it. Also, that you should try to make everything right. Later on in life it will pay off.