Abraham Lincoln

by Manny from Wallingford

WHAT'S A HERO? A hero is someone that helps and and knows what's right for human society and or for the world to make life easier for everyone and a safe environment.
Abraham Lincoln when he was young loved to read

My 19th century hero would probably be Abraham Lincoln because during the Civil War he hated slavery and did his best to abolish it. He was born on February 29, 1809 in Hardin County, Kentucky. He became a president from 1861-1865. He was the sixteenth president of the United States.

Abraham is talking to a few of the Union soldiers (http://cache.eb.com/eb/image?id=2140&rendTypeId=4)

When Abraham was a seven he moved to southern Indiana. He didn't know that slaves existed in Hardin county. Sure there were a few slaves in Kentucky because it was on the border line between slaves and slave free so 1/4 of the state was probably slaves and 3/4 was free, but still it was more consider as a free slave free state. Abraham as he grew he saw more slaves and more human brutality so that he couldn't take it anymore around the age of 16. He once said that he always wanted to be a president so he reads a lot of books which he loved to do but his father was different. He hated to see Abraham reading because he's father didn't do well in school but Abraham wanted to make something of his life that he loved and while helping other people.

When Abraham was in his mid 40's, his family and h moved to the White House. During his presidency, he worked on helping the slaves to be free. But the southerners didn't like it, so they decided to be different and be separated from the north to become the Confederate States. This resulted in the Civil War between the Confederacy and the Union. Abraham won the war. Soon after the war was over Abraham, went to watch a show and before you even know it he died in a theater because someone shot him.