Abraham Lincoln

by Ji-Min from Nanjing

"Whatever you are, be a good one."
 16th president of America. Abraham Lincoln

Born in 12 February 1809, in America, Abraham Lincoln started his life with a poor beginning but he ended up being president. Abraham Lincoln lived in the southeastern part of America. He was the second child of Thomas Lincoln and Nancy Hanks. His mother died when Lincoln was 9 years old.

This is Abraham Lincoln's childhood house

He became President of America and he was one of greatest leaders of America. Before he was the president, he was a store keeper, rail-splitter, a postmaster and a lawyer. He saw a book and he thought about slavery, he thought it is bad so he decided to fight for slaves. He called this war ‘civil war’ and it ended on 9 April 1865.

President Lincoln
President Lincoln

He married with Mary Todd and had 4 children. Lincoln liked to play with his son. Also, he liked to keep important papers inside his hat and keep wearing his hat. He worked as president from 1861 to 1865. He was 16th president of America. Lincoln made last Thursday of November the official Thanksgiving day. He died in Washington D.C theater. He was killed by the shot of a gun which John Wilkes (an actor who was pro-slavery) shot. He died the next day. The statue of President Lincoln was made almost 100 years after he was dead.

He is an important person to me because he makes black people have an easier life and he was one of greatest leaders of America. I can be like my hero by helping people, even it other people hate them and make people happy. My hero is risk taker, caring, reflective, thinker and principled. He shows this by helping people and creating the ‘civil war’ for freedom and helping black people. Also, I learned different people can make different people happy and 1 choice can change the world.