Abraham Lincoln

by Shewar from Beaverton

My hero is Abraham Lincoln. He was born in Kentucky. He is my hero because he freed slaves and wrote the Gettysburg speech.

In 1834 he was chosen for a lawyer in Springfield, Illinois. He lost and he became famous. He was very, very intelligent because he read a lot of books. He was very trustworthy because he used to borrow books and return them back.

His hobbies were to read and go to school. He had to walk two miles to go to school. He married Mary Todd and he had four children.

After the Civil War Abe and his wife went to watch a play. One hour after the play started there was a shot. John Wilkes Booth shot him in the back of his head.

He's body is buried in Springfield, Illinois. The tombstone has 3 statues of Abraham Lincoln there. There is a obelisk statue. I never will forget him as our president.