Aleksander Podgorelec

by Pia from Zagorje ob Savi, Slovenia

My hero is my dad. His name is Aleksander but everybody calls him Sandi. He was born in 1964. He is a hero because he helps people and because he thinks of others before himself.

When me and my sister were young my father had to work two jobs because my mother was unemployed and we didn't have enough money to live. Because of that I adore and respect my father. He took care of his family and he still does. My father is a very generous person and he always helps people if they need him. He is also a very good father although he works all the time I can always count on him no matter what.

My father is my hero because he brought me up and taught me about life. Even though he wasn't with me all the time, when I was young, because of his job, he still managed to play with me and spend quality time with me. When he returns from work, he talks to me about how my day and school. One day I want to be like him. When I grow up I want to be as a good mother to my children as my father is a good parent to me.