A$AP Rocky

by Kylie from California

A$AP Rocky for Billboard (www.Billboard.com (Billboard))

A$AP Rocky is an American rapper that has a deep message in some of his music, a problem in our world that most rappers wouldn't bother noticing. Equality. "Man gave us laws, and God gave us time, It's the art of storytelling and I'm only telling mine." (A$AP Rocky-Suddenly) A$AP Rocky wants to show people that it really is better to be open-minded. If everyone wasn't biased or hypocritical the world would be a much better place. Everyone would be so much happier and that's what Rocky is trying to show, That it is unnecessary and is pointless for people to have racism and be unequal. He really started to take rapping seriously when his brother was killed on the streets when he was young. He wanted to put a different kind of message out there that people will actually listen to. "I want to inspire people to really open up their minds and not be one-sided or biased or hypocritical." (Gonzales, Joey.). A$AP Rocky supports equality by constantly talking about how much he wishes this world would change its ways and end racism and be equal. "If I have an opportunity to say something positive, then I'm gonna take advantage of it." He said in a recent article published in Interview magazine. (Wang, Alexander.) In Almost all of A$AP rocky interviews he puts out a positive message.A hero must possess the traits equal and inspiring. To be equal you need to give everyone a chance even if they are different, they are still people. To be inspiring you need to put positive messages out and make a change in our world. You need to inspire people to want to be better and show you support everyone no matter what. A$AP Rocky possess equal and inspiring traits by growing up where he did and went through what he did and still made it out strong and alive. Most rappers wouldn't take there time to rap about that.

A$AP Rocky for rolling stone (WWW.rollingstone.com (rolling stone))

Asap rocky is supportive to people that are different and he believes that everyone deserves a chance. He wants to make sure that equality is growing in this world. Asap rocky is supportive to people that are different and he believes that everyone deserves a chance. He wants to make sure that equality is growing in this world. A$AP Rocky has a huge following and he uses that power to put a positive message out into the world. He uses his music to put inspiring lyrics into his songs instead of rapping about important things in the world and that's why A$AP Rocky is so much different than most rappers. Most rappers would not put lyrics about equality and racism. There are some though that Asap Rocky looks up to, like Jay-Z and Kanye West. A$AP Rocky's goal in life is to treat everybody equal and to be a good role model to his followers "Hip-hop artist A$AP Rocky believes that everyone should be treated equally, and wants to be a role model for those in the hip-hop community embracing the LGBT demographic...Rocky then compares society's evolving relationship with the LGBT community with the shift in racism, and places hope on successive generations to overcome discrimination. Rocky is working to change the hip-hop community's views on marriage equality and on the LGBT community in general. He believes other artists within the hip-hop world, such as Jay-Z and Kanye West, are great examples of performers who have made a positive impact. " (Gonzales, Joey.) A$AP Rocky putting out those important messages could really make an impact in our world. He believes that our world can make it to the point where there is no racism and everybody is treated equally. Since there already is an improvement happening, He believes there can be more improvement and that's why he is speaking out. All in All Rocky's main goal in life is to "treat everybody equal" and to be the best role model he can be.

( ())
( ())

A$AP Rocky is inspiring because he uses the power that he has to change the world for the better. By telling his stories and working together with other artist to put a good message out into the world. In one of A$AP Rocky's songs 'suddenly', the lyrics that he used "I only got one vision, that's for kids in every color, religion That listen, that you gotta beat the system, stay out of the prisons They try to blind our vision, but we all got children and siblings. You my brother, you my kin, forget the color of your skin" -asap rocky, suddenly Rocky, A$AP. "I want to inspire people to really open up their minds and not be one-sided or biased or hypocritical." Gonzales, Joey. That's his goal and if he accomplishes his goal then the world would be happier and there would be no hatred. Him trying to be the best person he can be and his fan base following his actions will make an impact When A$AP Rocky made it big and his music about equality and racism everyone started to listen and more and more rappers are rapping about it now. He was even inspired by other rappers, like Kanye West and Jay- Z. "I want to be the first guy to help people accept everybody for who they are. I'm talking about colors, religions, everybody. My music is for everybody, it's not just for one kind of group." (Gonzales, Joey.) He truly believes that our generation can be the first to end racism. The world of racism and equality has already come so far all it needs is that extra push. Racism took a turn for the better when rappers made it into the celebrity life and now there are so many different races rapping and singing when before it was very minimal. A$AP Rocky wants to be an inspiration and a role model, which he has already accomplished for a lot of people. He changed a lot of people's mind about racism and equality when it became commonly talked about and his music was brought up constantly.

A$AP Rocky for vogue (www.vogue.com (vogue))

A$AP Rocky possess the traits equal and inspiring because he truly cares about the way the world is changing and he wants it to change for the better. He inspires so many people to be better, through his music. A$AP Rocky believes By telling his Story he is changing the LGBT community for the better and it's working. He uses his power for the better and instead of staying quiet about equality and racism, he speaks his mind and doesn't let others persuade him. Growing up with a rough childhood and making it big, most artist would take advantage of the fame and money. They would change for the worst and become a totally different person but A$AP Rocky did not change. He is still true to himself and his fans. A$AP Rocky inspires me because he is honestly deep down an amazing person. He would do anything for anyone he cares about and he not only is trying to change racism and equality but he cares about everyone, especially his fans. If you support him he will support you. He inspires me from what he came from and how he started from the bottom and made it to the top. His music is so meaningful and powerful but most people don't see that. People just see that it's rap and they assume that it's all the same but if you actually take the time to listen to some of the lyrics, it can change your perspective on a lot of things. A$AP Rocky is a hero. Some people might think he's not and that's okay but if you really take the time look at the things he wants to be in life. He wants the world to be better and be the best role model he can be by putting a positive message out into the world.

"ASAP Rocky." Wikipedia. Wikimedia Foundation, 2016. Web. 06 May 2016. . Gale, Alex. "A$AP Rocky Speaks on Death of A$AP Yams." Billboard. Billboard, 25 Jan. 2015. Web. 06 May 2016. Gonzales, Joey. "Hip Hop Artist ASAP Rocky Supports Equality, Wants to Be Role Model." Dot429. Dot429, 26 Mar. 2013. Web. 06 May 2016. . Rocky, A$AP. "ASAP Rocky Quotes." BrainyQuote. Xplore, 2001. Web. 06 May 2016. . Tardio, Andres. "Here's The Kind Of Super Hero A$AP Rocky Would Be."News. MTV, 25 Aug. 2015. Web. 06 May 2016. . Wang, Alexander. "A$AP Rocky." Interview Magazine. Interview, 25 Mar. 2013. Web. 06 May 2016. .