Akira Toriyama

by Jack from Peterborough

www.capcorphq.com/images/Toriyama.jpg
www.capcorphq.com/images/Toriyama.jpg

My hero is Akira Toriyama, the creator of the Dragon Ball comics, or manga. Akira was born on April 5, 1955, making him 52 years old as of January 2008. Originally he wanted to end the Dragon Ball comics in the Freeza arc of the series, but continued making the comics for 190 more volumes. He is an amazing artist because from 1984-1995 he wrote and illustrated 42 volumes of his Dragon Ball comics, or 519 chapters and about 8400 pages worth!

Before Akira wrote and illustrated Dragon Ball he wrote and illustrated another popular comic series called Dr. Slump from 1980-1984 as well as other less popular comics before 1980. The Dragon Ball comics have been made into animated series Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z and an animation only continuation of Akira Toriyama's Dragon Ball comics' stories has been made called Dragon Ball GT. In 1995 Akira ended the Dragon Ball comics so he could spend more time with his family and do some different things.

Since 1995 Akira Toriyama has been a video game artist, designing characters for the following video games: Chrono Trigger, Dragon Quest, Dragon Quest Monsters, the Tobal series and Blue Dragon.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Dragonball3.jpg

Akira Toriyama is a great artist and writer who has devoted his life to creating comics and creating characters in video games to entertain people worldwide. His creations would have entertained and made millions of people worldwide happy as just his Dragon Ball comics sold 35 000 000 copies in Japan and 120 000 000 copies worldwide. Obviously to create 8400 pages worth and to have comics popular enough to be made into so many copies he has to possess these qualities: A Good Work Ethic: He wrote 8400 pages worth of comics in eleven years, A Good Imagination: He had to think of the storylines for the 8400 pages of Dragon Ball comics, as well as all the comics he wrote before Dragon Ball. And he would have to be a good artist to illustrate all the comics he's written, as well as having good judgment to know how to budget his time wisely to create all these comics.

Akira Toriyama has added to the lives of millions through entertainment and possesses good qualities in order to create these forms of entertainment that many people, including myself would like to either have or strengthen. Akira Toriyama is a hero in the world of manga and the arts.

My Favourite Games
Capcorphq - Who is AKIRA TORIYAMA?
Dbzgt Legacy