Andy Warhol

by Quentin from San Diego

(pbs ())
(pbs ())

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world" (Albert Einstein brainy quote).  Warhol was a world renowned artist in the 1960s; he is one of the most important artists of the twentieth century. Warhol's art inspired many, including me. Warhol was not just a painter; he was also a commercial designer, printmaker, filmmaker, and publisher. He was born as Andrew Warhola on August 6th, 1928 in McKeesport of Pennsylvania. Warhol passed in New York City on February 22nd, 1987. A hero must possess the qualities of being ambitious and imaginative, ambitious being that you are willing to create something even if you will get judged, imaginative being that you create things that are out of the norm and that catch the eyes of the people around you. Warhol possesses ambition and imagination, therefore he is my hero. 

Andy Warhol was an imaginative man because he "controversially blurred the lines between fine art & mainstream aesthetics" (Andy Warhol, bio). This shows that Warhol crossed the lines of art because his films and paintings were different and that is what inspired many such as young adults and adolescents. This proves Warhol was imaginative in many ways; Warhol once said, "The idea is not to live forever, it is to create something that will" (Andy Warhol Brainy Quote). This shows that Warhol was willing; He was willing to do things that make him happy without thinking about what others think. This proves that Warhol truly cared about his art and wanted it to live on; and it has. Warhol's imagination put a drive in many people's minds to do things out of the ordinary. 

Andy Warhol had yet another trait; he was ambitious. Warhol was ambitious because he did things not caring if he was going to get judged or not. "Big results require big ambitions" (Heraclitus brainy quote). This quote really proves to me that Warhol, through hard work and dedication, his art became widespread. This shows Warhol strived for imperfection;being that his art didn't have to be perfect and people still loved it. Warhol was not just a painter, he was a cinematic man. "Warhol would make nearly 600 films and nearly 2500 videos. Among these are the 500, 4-minute films" (Andy Warhol biography). This proves that Warhol's art really reflected that he was ambitious because he works so hard on his artistry. This shows that an ambition is something you'll always need in life; even if it's something little because it's hard to do most things without a goal. 

Warhol is my hero because he possesses the qualities of being imaginative and ambitious. Warhol is heroic because he inspires many people across the globe to be themselves. A hero is somebody that possesses imagination and ambition; Warhol had all of those traits and more. I respect and honor Warhol because he taught to be myself even if I mess up. As Warhol always said "You have to be willing to get happy about nothing" (Andy Warhol brainy quote). You also have to be willing to make mistakes and work with them; because that's what Andy Warhol was all about.

Work Cited

"Albert Einstein."BrainyQuote. Xplore, n.d. Web. 10 Feb. 2015

"Andy Warhol." Bio. A&E Television Networks, 2015. Web. 10 Feb. 2015.

"Andy Warhol." BrainyQuote. Xplore, n.d. Web. 10 Feb. 2015.

"University Relations and Marketing." University Relations and Marketing. Andy Warhol, n.d. Web. 12 Feb. 2015.

"Andy Warhol Biography." The Andy Warhol Foundation for the Visual Arts -. N.p., n.d. Web.

11 Feb. 2015.

"Andy Warhol." St. James Encyclopedia of Popular Culture. Detroit: Gale, 2013. Biography in

Context. Web. 10 Feb. 2015.

"Warhol, Andy." FactCite: Lincoln Library Biographies Online. Lincoln Lib. P, 2012. Web. 10

Feb. 2015 .