adrian peterson

by Nicholas from Ansonia

Adrian in action (www.google.com)
Adrian in action (www.google.com)

My hero is Adrian Peterson. He is the running back for the Minnesota Vikings. He was the first person to be drafted in the 2007 draft. Let me start by telling you some special things and interesting facts about Adrian Peterson.

Adrian Peterson was born March 21, 1985 in Palestine, Texas. His nickname is A.D. for All Day. He is an American running back for the Minnesota Vikings in the National Football League. Peterson was selected by the Minnesota Vikings with the seventh overall pick in the first round of the 2007 NFL draft pick. He played college football at the University of Oklahoma.

In his rookie year Adrian scored 21 touchdowns and rushed for 2000 yards. He became rookie of the year and made it to his first pro bowl and became MVP of the pro bowl. He had the fastest time for the forty yard dash in the 2007 draft. He was the first person in Vikings history to reach 2000 yards rushing. Adrian Peterson’s jersey number is 28. While at Oklahoma, Peterson set the NCAA freshman rushing record with 1,925 yards as a true freshman. As a first team all American, he also set a freshman record by finishing as the runner-up in the Hiesman trophy balloting. Peterson finished as the school's third all-time leading rusher.

"Following his stellar first pro season in which he set an NFL record for most rushing yards in a single game (296), Peterson was named the offensive rookie of the year." In his second year, Adrian was then known as the best running back in the NFL. He rushed for 2000 yards again. Adrian was unstoppable in his second year. He got his team to the wildcard round of the playoffs but then they lost and their season was over. Once the whole season was over after the superbowl was the pro bowl. Adrian made it to the pro bowl. This was his second pro bowl that he had been to in his career. He became the MVP of the pro bowl for his second time.

I picked Adrian Peterson for my hero because I play running back for my football team and I want to be like him. Adrian is really good and I want to become really good. I also selected him as my hero because he is my favorite running back. So now you see why I picked Adrian Peterson as my hero.