Andraz Pograjc

by Zan from Zagorje ob Savi

Andraz Pograjc is a 20 year-old hero because he set his club's record of 204 meters in ski jumping in Planica. He is a son of our trainer, Zvone Pograjc.  Ski jumping is his life.

My hero is Andraz Pograjc.  He was born in 1991 and he lives in Strahovlje near Kisovec.He attended our school Tone Okrogar Primary School like his sister Manja Pograjc.  She is in our club, too.   Andraz started to train ski jumping when he was a child.  As a child, he showed that he had talent. He was the national champion many times and good at ski jumping abroad, too.

Andraz jumped for the first time in Planica when he was 18 years old.  Planica is the second largest ski jumping hill in the world.  In his first flight, he jumped 204 meters and set a personal and club record.  On March 17th, 2010 SK Zagorje got a new record.

Andraz Pograjc is a hero because he set the club's record in ski jumping in Planica. Last year he moved to the ski jumping team, SSK Ilirija in Ljubljana.  He began to study here as well.  Andraz showed in the past how good he is at ski jumping and I am sure he will show that in the future too.  It would be hard to beat his record.  He is a talent and we should be proud of him.