Albert Pujols

by Allison from Loveland

(Albert Pujols)
(Albert Pujols)

My hero is Albert Pujols. He was born on January 16th, 1980 in the Dominican Republic. Then his family moved to Independence, Missouri. When he grew up he moved to Saint Louis, Missouri. There, he played for the Saint Louis Cardinals for 12 years. Just recently he moved to Los Angeles to play for the Angels. This was very disappointing to me considering I am a Cardinal fan, but he is still my hero.

(Albert Pujols batting for the Cardinals)

Albert Pujols is a great baseball player! He is a right-handed, six foot five, 230 pound player. He has won several awards. He won the "National League Most Valuable Player Award", he's been an "All Star" nine times, the "National League Rookie of the Year", the "National League Hank Aaron Award" and he won two "World Series". (One in 2006 and one in 2011)  In his 2011 season he had a batting average of .328; a slugging percentage of .617; and an OPS of 1. 037. He was even the "National League Greatest Player" from 2000-2009. He is a great baseball player and a great example.

(Albert Pujols)
(Albert Pujols)

Albert Pujols is my hero for more than one reason. As I said he is an amazing baseball player which inspires me so much. I am a softball player and one day I hope to be somewhat close to as good as he is. He is also a great Christian. He has created a program for kids with down syndrome, life threatening illnesses, and disabilities called the Pujols Family Foundation. He also helps impoverished kids in the Dominican Republic. He had three children; a boy and two girls. Both his girls had down syndrome. That is really what inspired the Pujols Family Foundation. He is a great role model and I look up to him very much! He is truly my hero!