Abraham Lincoln

by Benajmin from Arcadia

Abraham Lincoln
 (Google
(Google

Abraham Lincoln was born on February 12, 1809 in a cabin in Hodgenville, Kentucky. His mother’s name was Nancy Lincoln, and his father’s name was Thomas Lincoln. His nickname was “Honest Abe.” Abe [greatly disliked] slavery. He married Mary Todd in Springfield, Illinois. Abraham Lincoln was elected as the 16th president of the United States of America. He was shot in the head by John Wilkes Booth. President Lincoln died on May 4th 1865.

The first reason why he was a hero was because he was always honest. Everybody called him "Honest Abe." Honesty means that when you do something wrong, you admit to it.

The second reason why he was a hero was because he got rid of slavery because he [did not like] slavery. He debated with Stephan A. Douglas. He felt strongly about slavery issues. He ended slavery with the Emancipation Proclamation on January 1st, 1863.