Abraham Lincoln

by Anish from Carbondale

<a href=http://www.topicsites.com/abraham-lincoln/Abraham-Lincoln-bw13.jpg>Abraham Lincoln posing for a picture</a>
Abraham Lincoln posing for a picture

Abraham Lincoln was born on February 12, 1809, near Hodgenville, Kentucky, on Sinking Spring Farm, in a log cabin. He had one sister, named Sarah Lincoln Grigsby, and one brother, named Thomas Lincoln. Abraham was the middle child in his family. His mother, Nancy Hanks, died of milk sickness on October 15, 1818. Abraham’s stepmother was Sarah Bush Johnson. Thomas Lincoln was Abraham’s father. Abraham Lincoln married Mary Todd on November 4, 1842. He had four children, one of whom lived to maturity. Abraham Lincoln was a politician and the U.S.A.’s 16th president.

Abraham Lincoln was a politician and our (U.S.A.) 16th president. He played a major role in the ending of slavery of people with a darker skin color in general. Even though during the Civil War his goal was to destroy all opposing forces, Lincoln was a peace-loving man. He often described war as: “That rainbow, that rises in a sea of blood—that serpent’s eye that charms to destroy.” By triumphing in the Civil War, he stopped most slavery to a screeching halt. That is how he helped a lot of Africans and darker colored skinned people in general.

Abraham Lincoln is not only my hero, but millions of peoples’ hero around the world. His deeds have made a big difference in the whole U.S.A.’s lives. For example, if it wasn’t for him, I probably wouldn’t be getting the education I’m getting right now. I admire Lincoln’s selflessness, and nice personality. That is why I chose Abraham Lincoln to be my hero.

Abraham Lincoln - Fact Monster
Abraham Lincoln - Wikipedia