Adelaide

by Chelsea from Pickerington

"Courage is the most important of all virtues, because without it we cannot practice any other virtue with consistency." - Maya Angelou

A hero to me means someone who is courageous, generous, and outgoing. These things define a hero in my words because I feel as if those three characteristics can truly make someone who you can look up to. I don’t think it is important to have a hero because you can look up to a lot of people. They don’t technically have to be a hero. Someone without those characteristics could easily be someone’s hero.

I don’t think it is important to have a hero because you can look up to a lot of people. They don’t technically have to be a hero. Someone without those characteristics could easily be someone’s hero.

My personal hero is my sister. She is always really nice to me and tries to keep me out of trouble. Without her, I’m pretty sure I wouldn’t be here today. She’s really courageous and isn’t afraid to step up when someone needs to step up.

I think this person should be inducted into the Hall of Fame because she is probably one of the nicest people you will ever meet. She is a leader, always tries her best, and is very responsible. She is a very good person to look up to. She is also very easy to get along with. She has very good grades and participates in many things at her school. She is also an example to all of her friends, a very good example. She should definitely by inducted into the Hall of Fame.

A Q&A with my sister.

Q: Define the word hero in your terms.

A:Someone who changes something in your life drastically or someone who is always there.

Q: Why do you think those things define a hero?

A:I feel this way because once you have someone who changes your life drastically, it means that they truly do care about you and they are a hero.

Q: Are there certain people who can be heroes in your opinion?

A:No, not everybody can be a hero. It takes a really strong person to be a hero.

Q: Are there certain people who cannot be heroes in your opinion?

A:Yes. People who don’t reach out and are self-centered.

Q:Who is your personal hero?

A:God.

Q:What is your hero like and how does he/she fit your definition of a hero?

A:He is an everlasting friend and forgives all my sins.

Q:Why do you respect this person as your hero?

A:He died for my sins.

Q:What are the main characteristics you feel you must have to be a hero?

A:Patience, generosity, kind, kind-hearted, and loyal.

Q: Why do you feel that these are the main things that a hero must have?

A:I feel like a good hero should have these and they fit my definition of a hero.

Q:Is there a difference between a “hero” and “looking up to someone” in your opinion?

A:Yes, you could look up to someone because of something they did or have done but if they haven’t personally changed your life or helped you but you look to them as an example then in my opinion they are not a hero.

Easton Town Center - My hero enjoys shopping.
Pickerington Girls Track - My hero runs track.

Laugh as much as you breathe and love as long as you live.