Alejandro I.

by Francisco from Buenos Aires

This is my father and my mother. (From a trip.)

My father is athletic because he runs like 10 km per day and some days he plays tennis. My father is also very organized because when he has to remember something he writes it down so he never forgets to do a thing. He has a good sense of humor because he sometimes talks in joke so there are times when you don’t know if he’s talking seriously or not. Sometimes he is irritating but most of the time he is extremely funny.

My hero is called Alejandro, my father. Last year I went with him to Mar del Plata for the Maths Competition and there we met a poor person that had brought his child from far north to participate. They wanted to visit Buenos Aires so my father helped them pay a vehicle to take them on a tour. My father lives with me in my house in Buenos Aires, Argentina.

My father is important for me because he always has an answer to all my questions. He is comprehensive and he works very hard to give me food to eat, to send me to an excellent school and when I ask him to buy something reasonable he buys it. Alejandro makes a difference because he is the one who takes me to restaurants, cheers me up when I am sad and supports whatever decision I make.

This year I read a book called “Number the Stars” by Louis Lowry where Annemarie, a Danish girl, is considered a heroine because she saved her friend Ellen from the Nazis persecution. She was brave because she went to save Ellen, even though she could have been killed. She was athletic because she liked to run races with Ellen and she was friendly and perseverant because she conserved her friendship with Ellen for a long time in spite of all the hard circumstances. I think Annemarie was a heroine to others near and far because Ellen and her family will pass the story of Annemarie from generation to generation. My father is a different hero because he helped a poor person to make his dreams come true while Annemarie fought against discrimination.

My father is sociable because when we go walking down the street he greets someone every 5 minutes. He is very responsible because he never leaves the boring things until the last moment, and perseverant because when he has a problem in his job he always finds the way out of it. He is kind, honest, fair and generous. He is my everyday hero!!