Alfonso Sanchez

by Nicolas from Lawndale

My idea of a hero is a person that cares about his family and about other people. My hero is my dad; he cares about my mom, my brothers, and me. He also works two jobs, and he goes to work at 8:00 and comes back at 11:00 at night. I want to start working so I could help him work and pay for some of the rent. I feel sorry for my dad. He is a very kind, loving and supportive man and works very hard to support his family. This is why he is my hero.

My dad accomplished many things for our family. One thing he has accomplished is buying two houses for us so we don’t have to live in an apartment or trailer. So I’m really thankful to my dad for giving me a place to live in. My dad has provided us with everything we have ever needed. If I ever need anything, he willingly gives me money for it or sometimes tells my mom to go help me buy whatever I need. What I’m trying to say is that he is always there when I need him.

My dad, Alfonso, lives with us on Freeman AVE. He is really my step dad because my real dad left me when I was small. But that doesn't matter as I consider him my one and only father.

The one bad thing about my dad is that he he drinks a lot and I always worry that he might get sick and something bad might happen. But besides that, I don't find anything bad in him. We try to tell him to stop but he doesn’t understand so that’s the only thing that is wrong with him. Perhaps it helps him deal with his stress.

In conclusion, my dad is my hero because he does many things for our family. One thing he does is that he takes care of us. He is also my hero because he is a caring person and a great dad. He had to stuggle a lot to get to where he is at today and that's why I admire his motivation and sense of responsibility. He is my role model and I would like to be hard working and honorable like him.