Andre Hicks

by David from California

Andre Hicks, The Rapper We Call Mac Dre
<a href=http://www.metroactive.com/metro/01.04.06/gifs/mac-dre-0601.jpg>Mac Dre</a href>
Mac Dre

Andre Hicks was born in Vallejo, California. He is a rapper who has been the father to the West Coast rap movement we call Hifi.

The life of Mac Dre constitutes a tale of young street life. From what critics say, you'd think he was a criminal. I believe Mac Dre isn't just a individual; he's a role model, he is my hero. Living the life of crime is tough. I'm not saying I've lived as rough a life as he has. In his mothers point of view, Mac Dre is a passionate, fun-loving kid, who never fully got the chance to grow up.

Mac Dre's life is pretty much self explanatory. He didn't have much. His parents were addicted to drugs. Mac Dre sold drugs to fiends until he realized that it's not a good thing to be like everyone else.

Mac Dre was put through adversity, and came out on top. He's my hero because I, too, am in a similar situation. He inspires me to tap my gifts, and to progress, not just to acknowledge them, but to make something of them.