Angela

by Adam from Kentucky

My hero is my mom. She, with the Lord’s help of course, has saved my life many times. When I say many, I mean many.

The reason I picked my mom is because she has saved my life and has never given up on me.

When I was born, I was born premature. I was actually born 10 weeks premature. After I was born, the doctors told her that I was most likely going to die, and if I lived, then I would have many things wrong with me. That wasn’t going to happen to my mom’s child. She prayed often and believed that the almighty Lord would help me get “Through the fire without even the smell of smoke”, then she knew that he would because of her supernatural faith. And she got the increase of God’s favor.

I am here today, I am intelligent, better in some areas than others, like most people. Every time I go to the eye doctor’s office for my yearly check up, my eye doctor always says, “He is just a miracle because he was supposed to be blind.”

I have had anaphylaxis reactions before and my mom has saved me from those. That’s usually where my throat swells up to the point I can’t breathe. My lips and tongue would swell up. My tongue would swell up so badly that it would hang out of my mouth.

There is no competition for my hero. It has to be my mom. I know she loves me a lot, and that she has saved my life countless times. You would just have to choose someone who saved your life to be your hero.