Billie Joe Armstrong

by Kristamarie from Seldon Middle School

Bilie Joe Armstrong.
Billie Joe
Billie Joe

A hero is someone who is honest and has done something good with their lives. A hero is always there and has been through a lot to get to where they are today. My hero is Billie Joe Armstrong from the band, Green Day. He is famous, and sadly I don’t know him personally. I chose him as my hero, because he has made a big difference in my life. He has taught me that I can do anything if I want it bad enough. It doesn’t matter if you live in a small town or if you have a rich or poor family.

Billie Joe is not only an amazing lyricist and guitar player but he's also in one of my most favorite bands, Green Day. As a young boy Billie Joe would sing at hospitals to cheer up patients. He recorded his first song, "Look For Love." At age 11, Billie Joe got his very first guitar. At age 14, he became co-founder and partial owner of Adeline Records, an independent record company. Billie Joe has received multiple awards for his music, and continues to write amazing records.

Billie Joe Armstrong was born on February 17,1972. He was born in Rodeo, California. Billie’s dad died when Billie was only ten years old. Billie’s mom had to work as a waitress. She worked at Rod’s Hickory Pit. She had to support six kids all by herself. She bought Billie his first guitar when he was eleven. As soon has Billie learned to talk he started to sing. He would go around to hospitals and sing to cheer up the patients. Billie first song was “Looking for Love.” Billie first met Mike (the bassist for Green Day) when he was ten. They met in school and both got hooked on punk rock. The first song Billie wrote on his own was “Why do you want him?” Billie soon dropped out of school to spend more time on his music. The former drummer, Al Sobrante, quit the band and was replaced by Tre Cool.

Billie is a hero because he helps people. He also has inspired many kids to accomplish their dreams. He has done a lot to help people live better.

He has done so much with his life. He has gone from nothing to a really big person. He shows that you can do anything. A hero is someone who is honest and is inspiring.

I chose Billie Joe Armstrong because of what he said at the 2005 VMA's (Video Music Awards) "Do what you ... Believe in!" I feel that if Billie Joe can overcome his father dying at age 10, I can overcome my problems.