Billie Joe Armstrong

by Berenice from Mexico

We are the Leaders of Our Lives
<a href=http://www.harmony-central.com/ProductImages/Medium/000004121.jpg>Billie</a href>
Billie

A hero to me is someone that does something for other people; someone that saves you from something. A hero does something that changes your life. A hero is someone that helps you when you need it. A hero does something special for you. A hero risks his or her life to protect you.

I am going to talk about my hero. His name is Billie Joe Armstrong. He´s 34 years old, and he´s a rockstar. He has a band called Green Day. Billie Joe Armstrong was born on February 17, 1972, in Oakland, California. He is the main songwriter, lead vocalist, and guitarist for the band Green Day. He has green eyes, is five feet seven inches tall, and his natural hair color is reddish brown.

The reason why he is my hero is not just because he sings and looks good. He is my hero because he has made me change; he has made me a better person. He inspires and motivates me to do the right thing. He makes me feel happy when I am sad. I would say he´s the reason why I live. People say to me that he is just another celebrity, but to me he is an important human being who changed me. Maybe he hasn't done anything for the world or the community, but he saved me from myself, and that´s something nobody else has done, only him. For me, he is a very important and special person. He makes me feel confident, brave. He makes me have a big smile everyday, and say "Hi" to the world. Through his songs he makes me think about how important life is, and that you have to live it fully every day!

Every song is important to me because his songs leave you with a message. The last video Green Day put on air was tittled, ``The Saints Are Coming. ´´ That video talks about the Huricane in New Orleans. Green Day and U2 sing that song to encourage listeners and fans to make a donation or help people. Until today, I have never met him, and maybe I never will, but for me he will always be my hero. I will always know that he has made me a better person. That is why I chose him as my hero, but I know that we are all heroes.

Green day - web site of green day
Billie Joe Armstrong - My site