Benjamin Franklin

by Adam from Cochrane

Benjamin Franklin (I made it (I made it))

"An investment in knowledge pays the best interest." My name is Adam Rumbolt and I live in Cochrane, Alberta. For my biography book report I chose Benjamin Franklin. I chose him because he inspires me to try hard and be creative. My book is a biography, it covers his life from 1706 to 1790.

Benjamin Franklin (I drew it (I created it))

Benjamin Franklin was born in Boston in 1706 and he died on April 17, 1790. He died from Pleurisy. He was 84 when he died. He invented many machines, including the Franklin Stove, Glass Harmonica, and the Lightning Rod. Benjamin Franklin was born in Boston. His mother's name was Abiah Franklin and his father Josiah Franklin. Benjamin Franklin was taught at Boston Latin School. Benjamin Franklin was fascinated with math in science. Benjamin was only able to go to school for 2 years because his father could only afford that long. The person who influenced him was Voltaire. Voltaire was widely considered one of France's greatest Enlightenment writers and was born on November 21, 1694. Benjamin had the dream to be the newspaper editor. Benjamin became an apprentice to his brother and later left that apprenticeship without his permission and so then became a fugitive. Most of his education was from reading.

Benjamin Franklin (I drew it. (I created it))

Benjamin had to go to prison because he left his brother's apprenticeship without permission, which was a difficult challenge because he could not invent anything in prison. He was eventually bailed out of prison by his brother and was able to dream again. In 1727, Benjamin Franklin created the Junto, a group of artisans and tradesmen who hope to improve themselves while they improve their community and gave rise to many organizations in Philadelphia. The first quality is his inventions. One example is his lightning rod, it conducted lightning and stopped houses from burning down. The second quality is that he created a group of people that tried to improve themselves while trying to improve the community. Third quality is that Benjamin became the Grand Master of Masonic Lodge in 1734. He had the disease pleurisy and it affected him by slowing down his work. Something that is sad is that he only went to school for 2 years because his father could not afford to pay for him. In 1754, Benjamin Franklin won the Copley Medal awarded by the Royal Society of London.

It surprised me that he made a group called the Junto. It pleased me that he invented the lightning rod so our houses would not catch on fire, and disappointed me that Benjamin went to jail. I would ask him why did you take a profession in science, why did you not tell your brother that you didn't want to be his apprentice anymore, and why did you make all of your inventions. I wouldn't want to be his child because there was no WIFI, no board games, and no good houses. I like the book because it informed me about Benjamin Franklin's life and the things that he did. I learned how Benjamin Franklin is a Founding Father of the United States and also the inventions he made. He is creative like me and is smart like me. Others might not like reading about him if they aren't interested in Science, or they may not agree with the ideas he had. I'm happy that I chose this book because it made me happy to learn that anyone, no matter how poor or uneducated, can have a chance to be anything they want to be. Reading about all the things he did to help people progress in their lives made me happy. Benjamin Franklin is my role model because he makes me feel creative and that I should never give up!

Learning Links:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benjamin_Franklin
www.biography.com/people/benjamin-franklin-9301234
www.ushistory.org/franklin/info/
https://www.fi.edu/benjamin-franklin/benjamin-franklin-faq
www.biographyonline.net/politicians/american/benjamin-franklin.ht

Benjamin Franklin - Wikipedia
Benjamin Franklin - Biography.com