Bill Gates

by Drew from Richmond

"Be nice to nerds. Chances are you'll end up working for one"
Bill Gates holding his first Windows program.  (Bio.com (Bio.com))
Bill Gates holding his first Windows program. (Bio.com (Bio.com))

William Henry Gates III, the richest man in the world, has been known to be quite the nerd. I am a colossal nerd, and so are many of my friends. Although confidence is not something I lack, many nerdy people across the world are bullied, mistreated, and disrespected. Many people think that nerds are inferior to the rest of society. Bill Gates grew up with this hatred and proved them all wrong, giving me, and all other nerds, confidence in themselves.

At the young age of thirteen, Bill Gates and his friend had already begun to experiment with school computers. He had also developed the scheduling for the school and made digital tick tack toe games. He went to Harvard and dropped out to make software for computers. Bill and his close friend, Logan Paul, founded Microsoft, the world's largest computer company, on April 4, 1975, in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Bill soon became the richest man in the world, and proved nerds and geeks are most likely to be the leaders of the world.