Bill Gates

by Cam from San Diego

Bill Gates ((Twitter.com))
Bill Gates ((Twitter.com))

What does the richest man in the world do with all his money? He believes in using his own money to help the poor. "Money has no utility to me beyond a certain point. Its utility is entirely in building an organization and getting the resources out to the poorest in the world." (Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation). For Bill Gates money does not matter beyond meeting the basic goals of survival. Bill Gates was born William Henry Gates III on October 28, 1955 in Seattle, Washington. Gates began to show an interest in computer programming at the age of 13 at the Lakeside School. Bill Gates built Microsoft with an original technological design, perceptive business master plan, and a feisty business direction (Bill and Melinda Gates foundation). Bill Gates is a hero because he used the funds from Microsoft to better the world by making the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation while also focusing on philanthropy and technology.

The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation helps hospitals, funds food for kids, and develops clean energy. This foundation uses Microsoft's technology to help hospitals and uses his own money to fund hospitals. "Bill Gates keeps pushing to save lives in the developing world through efforts to eliminate polio, attack malaria and expand childhood vaccinations." (Gates). Bill Gates' partners with Global Poverty Project to raise awareness of eradication and immunization of polio through social media (Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, Polio).

Bill Gates help all people lead healthy lives using his own funds to improve people's health and end hunger. Recently Bill Gates said that he wants to end hunger by 2030 by uniting the people of world against poverty. Stopping poverty is the first step to ending problems like immigration and terrorism (Business Insider). Bill gates made a 1 billion dollar energy investment fund with 20 other people, including IBM and Amazon, to invest in new forms of clean energy. Our goal is to build companies that will help deliver the next generation of reliable, affordable, and emissions-free energy to the world." He is also reducing greenhouse gas emissions to almost zero. Not only does Bill Gates helps hospitals, funds food for kids, and develops clean energy, but he also made the wonderful invention called the Xbox.

Bill Gates at work (Google Pics (addicted2success.com))

Bill Gates' efforts in philanthropy and technology make him a hero. He grew up in Seattle, Washington, with an amazing and supportive family who encouraged his interest in computers at an early age. Bill Gates founded Microsoft, the world's largest software business with Paul Allen and became the wealthiest man in the world. "A geek icon, tech visionary and business trailblazer, Gates' leadership -- fueled by his long-held dream that millions might realize their potential through great software -- made Microsoft a personal computing powerhouse and a trendsetter in the Internet dawn. Whether you're a suit, chef, quant, artist, media maven, nurse or gamer, you've probably used a Microsoft product today" (Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation). For example, many people use the Xbox, the Microsoft search engine, and Microsoft Office Suite, which are all beloved by everyone. Another reason that Bill Gates is a hero is because he is a philanthropist who helps others and donates a good amount of his money to good causes. "Holding that all lives have equal value (no matter where they're being lived)," Bill Gates donates great amounts of money to HIV/AIDS programs, libraries, agriculture research, and disaster relief and proposed important direction and funding to programs related to education and world-wide health (Ted Ed). Through the K-12 Education Program and Post-secondary Success Program, the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation ensures that graduate and are prepared for college (Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation). Bill Gates promotes the welfare of others through philanthropy and technology, which gives people a sense of hope in the world and therefore, makes him a hero.

Bill & Melinda Gates in Africa (Google pics (wearechange.org))

Bill Gates is inspirational to many because of his philanthropy work. He helps so many through his charitable donations. Because of his generosity many have a renewed sense of hope. AIDS is on the decline, vaccinations have increased, and many young people have access to education. He is a hero to me because he both makes a difference to the people in third world countries while also bringing modern technology to the masses.

Focusing on philanthropy using the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation was founded by Bill Gates, who is a hero because he uses funds from Microsoft to improve society.  By funding hospitals, providing vaccinations, and developing clean energy, the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation advanced the quality of life for others. Bill Gates created Microsoft, which is so popular that everyone has access to technology. He has made so much profit that he is now a philanthropist and improves lives by donating to education, libraries, and other public programs. Bill did this because he saw a broken world in his eyes, and he thought he needed to fix it. This inspires me to use my own belongings to help others.

"All Lives  Have Equal Value." Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, www.gatesfoundation.org/. Accessed 4 May 2017.

Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. "Bill Gates." Forbes. Forbes Magazine, 2017. Web. 03 May 2017.

Bort, Julie. "Bill Gates: We Can End Poverty by 2030." Business Insider. Business Insider, 21. Jan 2016. Web. 16 May 2017.

"Foundation Fact Sheet." Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. N.p., n.d. Web. 16 May 2017.

Gates, Bill and Melinda. "Warren Buffett's Best Investment." Gatesnotes.com, 2017, www.gatesnotes.com/2017-Annual-Letter? WT.mc_id. Accessed 4 May 2017.