Bill Gates

by Aidana from Bishkek

William Henry Gates |||, better known as "Bill" - the richest man in the world. Bill was born on October 28, 1955 in Seattle, Washington.

He is an American entrepreneur and social activist, and one of the founders of Microsoft. Gates went to school in Seattle "Lakeside", where he mastered his skills programming. In thirteen years, Bill Gates wrote his first program game "Tic-Tac-Toe." At this school he met his future business partner Paul Allen. At age 17, Gates and Paul Allen founded the company Traf-O-Data.

December 25, 1972 Bud Pembroke invited Bill and Paul worked for the company TRW. In 1973, Bill Gates attended Harvard University, but after some time he was expelled. And then he began to study the creation of Microsoft. In 1975, Bill Gates and Paul Allen founded the largest computer program Microsoft. And in 2013, Gates was the richest man in the world. In the period from 1994 to 2010, he invested in the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation more than $ 28 billion. In February 2010, Bill addressed all billionaires with a request for surrender for half of his possessions to charity. After that 69 billionaires from the United States promised to give 50% of their capital to charity. During his life, Bill Gates has donated a lot of money to charity. Bill isolated from fund $ 50 million to fight against the Ebola virus in Africa. This is the largest donation in the history of the fund.

Most of his donation Gates singled universities and colleges but still a lot of money was spent and to help the needy. He even allocated funds for the development of an AIDS vaccine. Also, the Gates Foundation has mentioned a program called GAVI ALLIANCE, which helped to immunize children from poor countries, while maintaining approximately 3.4 million lives.

Bill Gates is my hero because he has helped many people in need. I wrote about it because I really admire him. Yes there are many people in the world who help the needy but for me he is a hero. I do not think anyone would have given more than half of his fortune to charity. Thanks to him and to his foundation, many people were rescued, and many children have been educated. And I think that every person ought to know him and his acts which he did.