Bill Gates

by Joy from Williamsville

(Flickr (Keys Treasures))
(Flickr (Keys Treasures))

Bill Gates is a hero to the technology world. He is a businessman and he is a computer genius. Many times he has helped several people in need. He improved the PC so it was better and easier to use.

Bill Gates' whole family was successful. He was the smartest kid in his class. He enjoyed playing card games such as solitaire, gin and bridge. He went to junior high at Lakeside School. His mother, Mary Maxwell Gates, grew up with some of the most important and famous families in the Pacific. His father, William Henry Gates known as Bill Jr., worked as a lawyer for the Seattle law firm of Skeel, McKelvy, Hank, Everson and Uhlmann. Bill Gates' whole family was rich and gifted.

Bill Gates had contributed a lot to the community. His main goal was to make the PC easier to use. He was the co-founder of Microsoft. He had to develop the minicomputer and BASIC so it would be easier to use. When Microsoft's business was dying down he brought the business back up. He had also gave a poor and sick village in Africa money so they have the money to pay for food, doctors and shelter. You can see that Bill Gates had helped communities.

Bill Gates had many problems when he got to what he always wanted to do. One problem he had was the world was expecting the computers too fast and he couldn't finish the computers really quickly. Another problem was that his parents would let him quit Harvard and open Microsoft, the job he always wanted. Also many customers stopped buying products from Microsoft for a while which led to financial problems. Lastly, when he was in college there was a code that he needed to crack and he had to stay up all night to crack it. In conclusion, Bill Gates had many problems throughout his life.

Bill Gates had many awards and records set. He set the record for the wealthiest man alive with more than 18 billion dollars. He got the medal for technology and innovation. His company Microsoft has been top sixteen of the last twenty-one years. He got a Bower Award for the leadership of his business. Another award he got is the Silver Buffalo Award because he made significant contributions to the lives of youth. Lastly, he got the Millennium Award because he was a business magnate, an inventor and a computer programmer. He got many awards, medals and set many records throughout his life.

Bill had many qualities and traits that got him to where he is right now. First, he is determined because he never gave up on improving the PC. Even when he finished and it didn't work he took it back apart and started all over again. Second, he sacrificed his college degree so had could improve technology and open Microsoft. Third, he was selfless with his money. This is true because he had given a poor village in Haiti 30 million dollars. Bill had qualities that helped the community.

Young kids and I can learn something from the way he lived. This is because Bill had never given up on succeeding. He also didn't let anything get in his way until he got to what he always wanted to do. As you can see, many young kids can learn something from the way Bill lived.

Bill contributed a lot to the community by improving technology. Many kids could learn about how he lived. In conclusion, Bill Gates was an important part of the history of technology.