Bill Gates

by George, Felix, Tyne from North Brunswick

Face of Bill Gates
Face of Bill Gates

The person we chose to do is Bill Gates. To be a hero means to give back to your community, have ability, and to be able to not think just about themselves for once. All the character traits I listed above is what character traits Bill Gates has. My partners and I think that the qualities a modern day hero should have is to make wise choices and don't hang around with the wrong crowd of people. Also they have to change the world in a positive way and that's why we chose Bill Gates. (http://www.forbes.com/profile/bill-gates/)

Bill Gates is one of the richest men alive. He makes 79.2 billion dollars every year and he is an entrepreneur. He is an American business magnate, investor, philanthropist, and computer programmer. Bill Gates was the cofounder of Microsoft, later became chairman, then CEO, and lastly chef software architect. Bill Gates is known for investing tons of money into charities, diseases, computer software, etc. There's not that many people that would take money out of their bank account or wallet to donate but Bill Gates did. (http://www.forbes.com/profile/bill-gates/)

Owner of Microsoft
Owner of Microsoft

Bill Gates is the owner of Microsoft. An interesting fact about Bill Gates is when he was at Harvard he said he was going to be a millionaire by 30 and by 31 he was a billionaire. Bill Gates for many years has been a philanthropist, giving back money through his Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. What the foundation does is help improve U.S. high schools and post secondary education. Also it aims to harness advances in science and technology to help save lives in developing countries. Bills Gates has also agreed to invest 2 billion dollars in the clean energy partnership with the U.S. and India.

Bill Gates is a hero, he gave back money to people that needed it the most in areas in the world. Also, Bill Gates is a hero because he has modern day hero traits. Bill is wise, nice and charming. He gives back where the money is need to save lives in areas of the world where sciences and technology is not advanced. Also, he is a hero because he has earned people's respect, and usually superheroes are greatly respected and praised.

This group chose Bill Gates because with a multimillionaire dollar initiative fund, the project includes launching new energy technologies. Bill Gates, including 10 other billionaires, are spending more and more time and money in clean energy research. One of the technologies he mentions is a solar chemical tech that could harness sunlight to create fuel. Another technology he mentions is a solar paint that could transform a wall or a car top into a generator of electricity. These technologies could, and will, save the earth. This could stop pollution from cars and make a more efficient way of making energy. We were sure we wanted to write about him because who is a better hero than the one trying to save the earth and make the world a better place.

In conclusion, Bill Gates is doing a lot to contribute in making the world a better place by using millions of dollars for initiative technologies. With these new technologies on the way, people won't pollute as much. Pollution is one of the main reasons earth is dying. But Bill Gates and the other billionaires will help stop that.