Billy Graham

by Ben from Colorado Springs

(The Billy Graham Library)
(The Billy Graham Library)

Billy Graham was born on November 7th 1918. His parents were William and Morrow Graham and they provided him a good upbringing. At the age of sixteen he attended a revival session headed up by Mordecai Ham which changed his life. There he gave his life to Christ and received a call to ministry. After he graduated high school he attended Bob Jones College yet later on changed schools and attended the Florida Bible Institute. After he graduated he briefly pastored First Baptist Church then went on to work in a couple of other jobs until he joined "Christ is Greater Los Angeles" and lead a great revival. Afterwards his popularity spread.

His powerful teachings moved the masses as he went around sharing the good news of Jesus Christ. As a result he became a very popular preacher and established  the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association. He shared the hope of Christ and spoke against communism as America was recovering from World War 2. His ministry expanded and eventually went on the radio and television. The result was great numbers of people accepting Jesus Christ. His sermons touched millions of people and many became Christians. Many people looked to him for counsel, including presidents. For his integrity was incredible. After a long life in ministry he retired in 1992. Yet has still spoken at conferences and written books since then.