Bindi Sue Irwin

by Sophia from Austin

Bindi Irwin holding a snake
Bindi Irwin holding a snake

A hero can be any age. My hero is a child who has helped many wild animals. She followed in her father's footsteps and changed many lives. She is a great role model for anyone. My hero is Bindi Sue Irwin.

Bindi Sue Irwin was born on July 24, 1998 in Queensland, Australia. She has one brother named Robert. In 2006, when Bindi was 8 years old, she faced a life changing tragedy. Her father, Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin was stung in the chest by a massive sting ray. From that accident he tragically passed away leaving his daughter and wife behind. After Bindi recovered from the tragic loss, she got a job at the Australia Zoo where her father used to work. She has found a new passion and is currently living there to help take care of the animals. Bindi wanted to help show people all around the world how to save wildlife. She made a show just like her dad’s show, but much safer for children. Her show is called, "Bindi the Jungle Girl." Bindi’s main focus is to teach people about wildlife and how to save it because it is so precious. Bindi loves to spend her time playing with all of her animals and spending time with her family. She has come a long way in her career. Bindi has a show with her mum called, "Planet's Best." Bindi also makes appearances on the show, "The Crocodile Hunter Diaries."

I admire Bindi because she has tried to preserve wildlife. Bindi is a brave and very joyful girl. Every time I see her on television she has a big beautiful smile on her face. Some people might think that she has a smile on because it is a show, but I believe that she is a very happy person.

I chose Bindi Irwin for my hero because she works to change and better many animals’ lives and the world that they live in. Bindi has also taught me how to help animals in need. She has inspired me in so many ways, but most of all to be a better person.