Blake Mycoskie

by Holly from Arcadia

Blake Mycoskie is a true hero. He has an interesting life, accomplished some heroic deeds and has made me think. Mr. Mycoskie is my hero.

Blake Mycoskie’s life has been full of assistance. He ran four businesses and nearly won the Amazing Race but lost by a pinch. His busy life drove him to have a vacation in Argentina, where he had a wonderful time. He traveled even to poor villages, where he came up with an idea to start a shoe company.

There are many heroic acts that Mr. Mycoskie has accomplished. When he started the shoe company, he vowed that for every shoe someone bought he would give to one person in need. Blake Mycoskie has helped many children and people. As his company, TOMS Shoes, increases so will the number of people who have shoes.

Learning about Blake Mycoskie has inspired me to think. His heroic accomplishments made me want to help others like he has. I think the idea of giving shoes to children who need shoes is great way to make the universe a better place.