Blake Mycoskie

by Victor from Arcadia

Blake Mycoskie is a true hero. He has a busy life, accomplished some heroic deeds and has made me think. Mr. Blake is my hero.

Blake Mycoskie’s life has been full of assistance and adventure. Beginning his young life he was on a T.V. show called “Amazing Race”. He lost by just a little. During that time he also ran four businesses. Later, he decided to take a break.

There were many heroic acts that Mr. Mycoskie has accomplished. During his break he managed to escape to Argentina. There he noticed all the children that didn’t have shoes.

He got an idea of starting a business selling shoes. The store was called Toms: Shoes for tomorrow. There, for every shoe that is sold another pair is given to someone in need. Later, he flew back to Argentina with 10,00 shoes and some employees. He gave shoes to the children who used to travel bare foot. Now he is a successful man helping the poor.

Learning about Blake Mycoskie has inspired me to think about how I can change. It has also helped me hope there are more people that have care and empathy. I think when I grow up I want to be a hero and make a difference. One great hero in this universe is Blake Mycoskie. Learning about his life and heroic deeds has given me much to ponder about. He is a hero!