Bessie Pritchard

by Amanda from Pickerington

A hero can have many traits. A hero shows courage, compassion and strength. I believe a hero is someone that deserves admiration and is of great influence. It is a person that can get through many hardships no matter what the situation. It is a person who sees the positive instead of the negative. A hero is a role model.

It is very important to have a hero. A hero is someone you can look up to and want to be like. Heroes let people know that there is good in the world. A hero can teach you lessons and make you want to be a better person. A hero is not a perfect person, they just do what is right.

My personal hero is my grandma. She is my hero because of her life. She has been through a lot but she is still a very happy person. My grandparents had four children at a very young age and did not have much money. Their family couldn't help them out because they did not have money either. Even through the struggles they faced she always made the best out of what they had. She even took care of her family's children. My grandmother is still a very happy person.

My grandmother is an extraordinary person. She has a different view on life. She does not hate anyone and she does whatever she can to help everyone else. She is also a very hard worker. Whatever needs to be done she will do it even if it isn't her job. She is always the last one to sit down and the first one to get up. She sees the good in everything. No matter the situation, she doesn't focus on the negative but sees the positive. Not only does she see the good in every situation, she is the first to try to show others the positives.

A hero is someone who has made an impact on your life and someone to look up to. My grandma's personal hero is King David. He is her hero because no matter how hard things were he believed that through the strength of God he could get through it. My grandma is always saying that it is important to be yourself and not to worry about what others think. If you knew how little people thought of you it would surprise you. Family is most important to my grandma. She is very proud of each person. Versatility and multi-tasking are my grandma's strengths. My grandma's goals are to do everything to the best of her abilities. The hardest thing my grandma has ever faced is losing a family member. She had many siblings and a great mother but had many struggles that are common in families. My grandma's childhood dream was like any other girl's dream. It was to grow up and have a fairytale wedding and a family. I asked my grandma if she were to win the lottery what would she do with the money. She said that she would help people but make them be productive at the same time. These are the reasons I chose my grandmother as my hero.