Library

Batman

by Angel Acosta from TMMS Chicago

Batman (threatquality.com)
Batman (threatquality.com)

<i>In early 1939, the success of Superman in Action Comics prompted editors at the comic book division of National Publications (the future DC Comics) to request more superheroes for its titles. In response, they created "the Bat-Man." He had drawn a character who looked very much like Superman with kind of ... reddish tights, I believe, with boots ... no gloves, no gauntlets ... with a small domino mask, swinging on a rope. He had two stiff wings that were sticking out, looking like bat wings. And under it was a big sign ... BATMAN."</i> (Wikipedia)
Batman was shown as a crime fighter. His parents were killed when he was just a child. From there on he only thought of revenge for his parents. He then received a fortune from his parents which was extremely big. He then used his money for good to buy weapons to stop the villains in Gotham City.

Batman Action Comics (comicseeker.com (Bob Kane))

Batman has saved Gotham City from demise many times. He has fought every villain they have in Gotham City. The criminals he has beaten have gone to Arkahm asylum. In the movies the criminals have fought him and almost beat him but Batman is always triumphant. The villains have tried up cities but Batman stops them. In the latest movie Joker tried to blow up citizens and jail mates. In trying to provoke Batman he made Two Face the scary twisted villain wanting revenge for his girlfriend dying. My hero inspires me by saving people who are in trouble. He fights the villains that have sidekicks, even thought he is always outnumbered. Batman is one of the best superheroes that has ever been introduced. I admire him because he is really brave stopping the criminals that are around Gotham City. He is fighting the criminals only with his bare hands and no superpowers. He would take down all of the Jokers allies and still have enough energy to go after Joker.

( ())
( ())

Batman made his first appearance in 1939 when they put him in Action Comics. The creators of Superman wanted new superheroes so he told his artist to make a new hero. He then made his way into America's hearts. This caused him to gain popularity and the creators had to make new villains and a sidekick named Robin. The most well known villain is Joker who had is deranged and wants to kill Batman like everyone else. Then Adam West became Batman in an animated series that is still well known. By far the best Batman movie was The Dark Knight. It was here in Chicago, Illinois, and they even made a building explode for one of the scenes. They are making a new movie but the villain Bane won't be better than Heath Ledger as Joker.

Batman has faced some of the toughest and brutal villains. These are some of the villains that Batman has faced in Gotham City. The Joker: Batman #1 (Spring 1940) (Jack Napier) • Harley Quinn Batman: The Animated Series "Joker's Favor" (September 11, 1992) • The Penguin Detective Comics #58 (December 1941) • Two-Face Detective Comics #66 (August 1942) • Catwoman Batman #1 (Spring 1940)

Batman is one of the best superheroes that has ever been introduced. I admire him because he is really brave stopping the criminals that are around Gotham City. He is fighting the criminals only with his bare hands and no superpowers. He would take down all of the Joker's allies and still have enough energy to go after Joker.

If superheroes were real I would choose to be Batman. He doesn't need superpowers to fight the bad guys he just starts punching them. In this modern day it is good to dream about a hero that will protect you. Batman can save anyone when they are in trouble. Unlike most heroes Batman has a dark side. He will eventually burst and go crazy on the villains. Batman does not kill his opponents unless he needs to.