Bono (Paul David Hewson)

by Hayden and Lucas from Cincinnati

Bono is a hero because he uses his free time to help impoverished countries, is part of many charities and organizations to help in poor places, and the way he satisfies his fans with his music. Bono's fame allows him to spread his kind actions by becoming part of organizations and being able to go to Africa daily to help with poverty, common diseases, and get people jobs. He also makes sure that each of his fans are satisfied by being nice to them and always gives a great performance. Some information about Bono is that he is a lead singer of the band U2. He has won 22 Grammys and has sold 157 million albums. When he was in high school he got kicked out because he threw dog poop at his Spanish teacher but that was so he could get out of his high school he hated. After he got into the school he wanted to go to his grades greatly increased and he was a happier person in general. He is married to Ali Hewson and has 4 kids. Queen Elizabeth the 2nd made him an honorary knight in Britain in the year of 2007.

capitalresearch (capitalresearch)
capitalresearch (capitalresearch)

Bono is a hero because he uses his free time to go around the world to help people. Also, he is part of many charities and organizations. Bono is pretty wealthy and a famous musician. He uses his fame to go around and help poor places. His main place to go help is Africa. What first inspired Bono to start going around and help impoverished places was when he accepted an invitation he got from someone named Garrett, who was a prime minister in Ireland. In a couple of months after the invitation, Bono and his wife went to Ethiopia, in Africa, for a couple of weeks to make places cleaner and improve peoples houses. "Bono's activism began in earnest in the summer of 1983, when he accepted an invitation from Irish Prime Minister Garrett Fitzgerald to join a Select Government Action Committee on Unemployment. Two years later, in 1985, he and his wife, Alison, visited Ethiopia and spent seven weeks working alongside other humanitarian relief workers to improve housing and sanitation in a crowded refugee camp"("Bono"). But Bono isn't done with just one simple deed. As the years passed Bono kept on going to Africa and other impoverished places and eventually, he helped make some life changing charities.The main charities Bono owns or is part of that help the causes are called EDUN,ONE campaign, DATA,and (red). Those are only some of the companies he supports but they are the main ones. These companies help people in Africa and other impoverished places by giving them clothing, help prevention against AIDS and other diseases, help around the town, and providing the natural items for living a good life, etc. Bono now visits Africa daily in his free time to help against AIDS himself. He is so into this that he set a goal for himself, he wanted to make it so that no kid was born with HIV. But Bono isn't just a hero by helping people healthwise, he also helps people with his music.

This is a picture of what Bono looks like (combiboilersleeds (combiboilersleeds))

Bono is a hero because he makes his people satisfied and happy with his music. Most people with the amount of musical fame Bono has would mainly keep it to themselves and not be nice to their fans but Bono makes every fan feel special. Bono and his friends formed a band back in his teenager years called U2, which still goes on today. Bono is known for his activism so Bono often goes around and plays music for kids in nursing homes and charities and for fundraisers. "He is combining his two greatest talents; music and charity. He enjoys and puts his heart into what he does, making him successful. Bono has devoted his life to making songs and raising money for charity"("Lifesaver hero:Bono"). Also when Bono was younger he would go into the crowds and pick one girl to kiss. Now, this may sound like a dirtbag move but that was his way of showing love for his fans back then. Now he shows love by performing for fundraising for his charity and the fans that love him. When he isn't helping in Africa, he's always making new songs to perform. Bono is very heroic for the many deeds he has done and the ones he will continue to do.

Our definition on a hero is someone who doesn't necessarily stand out but who has a selfless attitude and does stuff just because, not for rewards. Bono follows these things because he helps people in Africa by trying to cure Aids and poverty. He also uses him fame to tell people about what is happening in Africa. Bono and his wife made EDUN which is a company, it is a profit organization but it is used to give people jobs in developing areas. Also he must have had done something right if he won 22 Grammy's and counting. Those are major reasons why Bono is a hero.

Works Cited 2016 The Ohio State University. "Welcome." The Ohio State University. N.p., n.d. Web. 03 Jan. 2017. "Biography." IMDb. IMDb.com, n.d. Web. 03 Jan. 2017. "Bono." Biography.com. A&E Networks Television, 19 May 2016. Web. 03 Jan. 2017. "Bono." ONE. N.p., 24 Nov. 2016. Web. 03 Jan. 2017. "Bono." Quotes by Bono. N.p., n.d. Web. 04 Jan. 2017. Staff, CRC. "Bono Wants To Save The World: But He Needs Your Money To Do It."Capital Research Center. Capital Research Center, 2 Apr. 2012. Web. 04 Jan. 2017.