Catherine Bertini

by Emily from Arcadia

Recently I have learned about a hero named Catherine Bertini. I would like to share some things I have learned about her life, heroic deeds, and my thoughts about them. I am certain about that you will learn a lot about my hero.

Mrs. Bertini had an inspirational life. When she was young she was in the Girl Scouts. She learned how to help others in need. Then Catherine Bertini heard about the wars and natural disasters and that many people didn’t have food. She joined a United Nations World Food Program and over 12 years she has helped feed hundreds of millions of people. After that she retired out of the program, but she still helps people around the world today.

Catherine Bertini achieved many heroic deeds in her life. She provided food to many people in 82 different countries. Catherine Bertini set a goal: that 80% of relief food should go to women and children because most of them are refugees. She won a World Citizenship Award for assisting hundreds of millions of victims of the wars. Mrs. Bertini also provided food to sick people and retirement homes that needed food.

I have some meaningful thoughts about what Mrs. Bertini has done. I think she has made many people in different countries happy. If she hadn’t gone into the program, a lot of people would have had no food. I think that she made her 12 years the best years of her life by feeding millions of people. She also fed people in wars if they were sick. I think she was brave enough to go around the world and feed hundreds of millions of people. I’m glad I learned about Catherine Bertini because it inspired me to help others who need food.

As you have read, Catherine Bertini had an inspirational life full of heroic deeds that have made me think. She is truly a hero.