Chuck Yeager

by Brennan from San Diego

http://www.cebudanderson.com/357profileglamorousglend.htm

Thanks to Chuck Yeager, the United States probably would not have the modern advancements we have today.  Yeager was mostly known for being the first man to break the sound barrier.  Yeager pushed flight to new heights and made history as a United States Air Force pilot.  Chuck as a pilot, became an ace at the end of World War 2 and continued to help the United States in their Military projects.  "On October 14, Yeager flew the X-1, which he had named the Glamorous Glennis in honor of his wife, faster than the speed of sound (Richard)."  All of these things that Chuck doing is for the United States were very dangerous.  But the courageousness inside for him keeps him doing and confident.  He overcomes fear and the possibilities of death, Chuck still pushes on.  He does it for the love of his family and the benefits of the United States. 

(http://www.retrokimmer.com/2010/12/fastest-man-alive-general-chuck-yeager.html

Chuck Yeager faced many courageous challenges but enjoyed doing it.  He proved that any pilot can push it to new heights as long as they try doing it.  "On October 12, 1944, Yeager took on and shot down five German fighter planes in succession. On November 6, flying a propeller-driven P-51 Mustang, he shot down one of the new jet fighters the Germans had developed, the Messerschmidt-262, and damaged two more. On November 20 he shot down four FW-190s. By the end of the war, at which time he was 22 years old, he was credited with having shot down 13.5 German planes (one was also claimed by another pilot)."(Charles)  Yeager was a very good dogfighter and there for became an ace at the end of World War 2.  After the war, Yeager continued to fly and test new aircraft.  Participating in World War Two, Chuck Yeager scored a total 13.5 kills.  But that does not stop Yeager from being an aviation legend.  Chuck Yeager faced many courageous challenges but enjoyed doing it.  He proved that any pilot can become a legend as long as they are determined to do the job that they are told to do.

(http://www.achievement.org/autodoc/page/yea0bio-1

Chuck Yeager is a hero because he overcame adversity and made a lot of efforts to inspire so many people to become pilots.  Adversities are trails of our life.  Chuck Yeager did this by never giving up, moving forward to the future, and bringing new technology from past to the present.  "On the night of October 12, Yeager went horseback riding and fell off the horse. The next day his right side was in a great deal of pain. Afraid of being taken off the flight, he drove to a local town and saw the doctor there who told him that he had broken two ribs."(Charles)When someone's ribs broken it very painful to people and most they can not to their daily tasks.  Ever though Chuck broke his ribs, a few days later Chuck still made history by breaking the sound barrier.

Chuck had very many close death in his career, some that he will never forget and some that still haunt him today and lives on to tell the story.  Today he lives on to tell the story.  "Yeager reached 108,000 feet when the plane spun out of control, and he was forced to eject from the plane.  He was severely burned on the left side of his face and left hand. He spent a month in the hospital but was able to return to flying duties and as head of the experimental test pilot school."(Chuck)  Yeager still went on flying duty after suffering from injuries and spent one month in the hospital.  After, he returned to test pilot school to create pilots to become better at fighting.  No matter how bad the injuries are, nothing stops Chuck from reporting to flying duties.  Even through broken ribs and badly burned, he still gets up and does what he loves to do.  Fighting four wars, still helped other pilots to become better at fighting, being the first man to break the sound barrier, flying over one hundred mission over Vietnam, becoming an ace in World War 2 there are so many things that Chuck Yeager did that it will take forever to list all of them.  Chuck became a high ranking general.

The inspiring moments that Chuck had through his career was an experience to remember.  I am sure that Chuck Yeager will forever remember historic moments for himself and for the U.S.  Chuck flew over one hundred missions, fought four wars, was known for the public for his inspiring acts, and made efforts to recruit more pilot for the Air Force.  "He had flown more than one hundred missions in Southeast Asia in B-57 tactical bombers. Yeager had become the most famous pilot in the United States, and the Air Force called upon him increasingly for its public relations and recruiting efforts. He served in a variety of Air Force positions until his retirement in 1975. He is the recipient of numerous military awards and was awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom in 1985."(Chuck)  This proves that Chuck is inspirational because he was promoted to brigadier general in 1969, flown more than one hundred missions in Southeast Asia.  He is the recipient of numerous military awards, and was awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom.

Chuck becomes more inspiration for the things he does, and word gets out and he becomes known to the public.  "Yeager had become the most famous pilot in the United States and the Air Force called upon him increasingly for its public relations and recruiting efforts (Charles)."  Yeager is a legendary pilot and recruited new pilots for the Air Force.  He trained them to become better at flying and better at know what they are doing.  Yeager is a pilot that enjoys doing the job he loves.  His efforts to recruit new pilots were one of the most heroic actions he did.  The things that he did as pilot inspired a whole bunch of people.  Fighting four wars, still helped other pilots to become better at fighting, being the first man to break the sound barrier, flying over one hundred mission over Vietnam, becoming an ace in World War 2 there are so many things that Chuck Yeager did that it will take forever to list all of them.  Chuck is currently a high ranking general and will never forget the times he had up in the air.  Today he is 89 and lives on to tell the story about the memorable moments of a legendary test pilot.