Cristiano Ronaldo

by Daniel from Fresno

Cristiano Ronaldo - Number 9 - Real Madrid

Cristiano Ronaldo was born on February 5, 1985. He was born in Funchal, Maderia, Portugal. Currently he plays for the Spanish La Liga football club, Real Madrid. At the age of 24 he is already one of the best players in the world. He is so good he is being compared to one of the best soccer legends ever, Diego Maradona.

Cristiano Ronaldo is 6 foot 1 inches tall. He is extremely fast and has very good ball control. He plays as a Winger and as a Forward. He is very quick and is good in doing hat tricks and with that kind of skill he can go around or through any defender from the opposite team. He has strong legs which causes him to kick with a pretty powerful shot. Once, he made a goal from 40 yards out! To me that's impressive. In most of the clubs he has been in, they put Cristiano as the main penalty kicker inside or outside the goal box. They did this because he can kick the ball with a large amount of force and accuracy. Good accuracy, good ball control, and strong kicks lead to many goals.

Cristiano Ronaldo - Number 28 - Sporting CP

All his life he loved to play soccer. At the age of 8, Ronaldo played for the amateur team named Andorinha. In 1995, Ronaldo signed with a local club named CD Nacional. After a title-winning campaign with CD National, he went on a three day trial with Sporting CP, and made it into the team. Ronaldo was so good he was the only player to play for Sporting's U-16, U-17, U-18, B-team, and first team, all in one season. At the age of 15 Cristiano was diagnosed with a heart problem. With this heart problem, it might of forced him to give up playing soccer. He went to the hospital and got surgery. After a few days he went back to play soccer with his team. In 2003, Sporting CP played against Manchester United and won the game with a 3-1 lead. Ronaldo caught Manchester United's manager's eye, Alex Ferguson. Alex Ferguson and the Manchester United players were surprised with Cristiano's performance on the field. This urged Alex Ferguson to sign him.

Cristiano Ronaldo - Number 7 - Manchester United

Ronaldo played for Manchester United from 2003-2009. He made a great impact in the team. He performed well with his teammates on the field. In 2006 he got many Barclay's Player of the Month awards. In 2007 Cristiano scored his 50th goal against Manchester United's rivals, Manchester City. They won their first Premier League title in 4 years. Soon he was voted for FIFA Pro Special Young Player of the Year award. He was promoted into Captain of the team from 2008-2009. He was well known by a lot of people and a lot of clubs because of his skills and performances on the field.

Cristiano Ronaldo - Number 17 - Portugal

He has also been an outstanding player throughout his International career. In the international soccer games, he plays for Portugal since 2003. Currently he is number 17 and he also plays as a Forward or Winger for Portugal. He plays a big role in the team, and is a Top Scorer like on his current team and earlier teams. Portugal has won many games because of Cristiano's effort and skill. Cristiano Ronaldo's teammates can always count on him to pass or through pass the ball to them, shoot the ball with power, or cross the ball with great accuracy.

Now he plays as a Forward and Winger for the Spanish club Real Madrid as number 9. He was bought with a 6 year contract by Real Madrid for $132 million dollars. This made Cristiano Ronaldo the most expensive player in soccer history! He also works and cooperates with Real Madrid's players very well as always. He is new to the club so he still needs to learn and train well to get a feel for the team and he has been showing very good progress. Since he has started playing for Real Madrid, Ronaldo has scored at least 1 goal in mostly every match.

Cristiano Ronaldo is my hero because he has been through hard times through his life and career, but he never gave up on what he wanted; to be a great soccer player. He is my favorite soccer player of all time because in my opinion he is the best soccer player ever. Now, he is successful and is running into more and more obstacles. I know that he is not going to give up and he is going to keep trying his best to be a better player and overcome those obstacles.