Carlos

by Giani from Buenos Aires

The hero I chose to write about is a doctor called Carlos. He is kind, intelligent, perseverant, hopeful, good-hearted and he works helping the community and saving peoples’ lives. He is as good as somebody can be. I chose him because he made the most important thing he could have made for me, saving the life of my mothers’ family.

My hero is Doctor Carlos. He is 69 years old. Twenty-eight years ago, when my mother was a child, some terrorists took over the house and placed dynamite. My mom and her family remained below the ruins of the house. When they were found they were in a very bad state, they had cuts, broken bones and bullet wounds. He helped a lot taking the ruins of the house to find my mother and her family. He attended them, took good care of them and cured them. For you to know how well he attended them I will tell you how my mother and her family finished. Finally thanks to his good care and consideration, they were all almost as well as before this terrible incident had happened. The only thing that remained was a bullet on my uncle’s arm. That’s how Dr. Carlos saved my mother and her family. My hero Carlos actually lives in Buenos Aires, Argentina.

Carlos is very important for me because of that great task he made twenty-eight years ago. He made a great difference because if he hadn't been there my mother and her family could have died and I wouldn’t exist.

I can compare him with Mr. Ages, a doctor rat who is a character in a book we read called “Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of Nimh”. He cures the rats and mice when they are sick and especially a little mouse called Timothy who has a very bad sickness, pneumonia. I can compare them because the two of them are intelligent, good-hearted and impressive doctors.

To sum up, I would say that in my opinion, he is an outstanding doctor, quick thinking and a very nice human being. He is a person you would want to know. He is the kind of doctor everybody would want to have.