Chance

by Liam from Morinville

My dog Chance is my hero. He barks when someone is coming to our house. This makes me feel happy because I think it might be one of my friends. He makes me feel safe when he lets me know that there is a person or an animal near our house in the night.

He is a milk chocolate brown, dark black and has water blue-eyes. He is a mutt and he likes my dad and me. One day he licked me 12 times. When we play tug-of-war, Chance always wins! He is pretty fast. Chance always parks himself on his favorite chair. He looks left and right for people. When he sees someone, he will bark out-loud. Sometimes it's Kye and his little brother, maybe it's my best friend Cameron and his little brother Jordan.

Chance has inspired me to see the world as a happy place. My hero's hero is my next door neighbor's dog Piggy. They play a lot inside AND outside! I like the way Chance plays. He somehow always wins!

My dog loves me and I love him.