Film Festival 2006
Chicky's Organic Garden

Produced by John & Mark Cavanagh
& Zachary Bain

"People are what they eat" Diane 'Chicky' LeClair-Femino

A charming and magical look into organic gardening through the eyes of John and Mark Cavanagh, and Zachary Bain, as they interview Diane “Chicky” LeClair-Femino at Bear Tree Farm. Asking the simple questions about why Chicky has an organic garden, and what her compost is made of, they come to the conclusion that having an organic garden is good for everyone. Providing not only education about gardening, more importantly, the film captures the simplicity and wonderment that having a garden inspires.

Chicky: I chose to make an organic garden because I care about the environment. And I think that it’s important that each person care about the environment. Even if it’s just my little space, I hope to take care of this space as best as I can. We want to make sure that all the birds are protected, and the water is protected, and when we spray chemicals - it’s not good for everything.

John & Mark: I think that organic gardening is better than using pesticides, so that you can keep toads like him safe, and happy. And you can keep humans safe. I guess organic gardening is…better.