Chipper

by Kelvin from Atlanta, Georgia

Kelvin Jones

My Hero

There was a dog named Chipper who belonged to a family that loved him and took care of him. Chipper always had food and did not ever have to worry about being hungry. One day, Chipper wandered out of his family’s neighborhood. He explored the entire city and was very surprised by what he saw. He noticed that there were a lot of dogs who did not have owners or food to eat. Some were even sick from starvation. This was the first time that Chipper had been exposed to stray dogs, and he would not just let this go unrecognized. He decided that he would find away to feed and care for these dogs. He began to raise money by competing in dog competitions. Chipper persuaded his family to put this money towards charity for the homeless dogs. Day in and day out, he did everything that he could to try to help the dogs. After people and their pets realized what Chipper was doing, they began to try to help in every way that they could as well. Eventually, thousands of dollars were made to help the cause. Dogs that were once sick or starving recognized Chipper as their hero.

Chipper had a fantastic life, but he learned not to take advantage of it. He dedicated time that could have been used for him to helping other dogs. Chipper not only assisted the dogs but he inspired others to do the same. He led a movement that supported sacrificing one's time for the benefit of others. Chipper was never asked to take on such a task, but his generous heart caused him to do it anyway. Chipper is a hero because he helped others get something that he already had. In addition, he did not expect anything in return for his beneficial acts.

Kelvin writes an imaginary story about his hero, Chipper...